Coalescing agents for water-based coatings
There is a growing requirement for coalescing agents for water based coatings which are more environmentally friendly and which meet the stricter controls on volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that have recently been implemented in various countries around the world. eChem can provide products which meet those needs and exceed performance requirements.
It is desired of modern coalescing agents that they should:
- Provide adequate MFFT reduction at addition levels no greater than current industry-standard coalescing agents
- Feature reduced volatility compared with these industry-standard products
- Have no reduced performance of film regarding scrub resistance, blocking/anti-tack, hardness or gloss
- Work effectively in all resin types
- Meet special requirements (such as ‘Blue Angel’ in Germany)
- Be cost effective
Our product EC 1628 is an effective coalescing agent which can meet the above requirements.